Spinal Spondylitis is a chronic inflammatory disease that primarily causes pain and inflammation of the joints between the vertebrae of the spine. Spondylitis may also cause inflammation and pain in other parts of the body.
SIGN OF POTENTIAL CONCERN
Early signs and symptoms of spondylitis may include:
- Chronic pain in the neck or lower back and hips, especially in the morning and after periods of inactivity
- Stiffness in the lower back or hip area
As the condition progresses, one may experience inflammation and pain in other parts of the body:
- The area where tendons and ligaments attached to bones
- Joints between the ribs and spine
- Joints in the hips, shoulders, knees and feet.
In advanced stages, the following signs and symptoms may develop
- Restricted expansion of the chest
- Chronic stooping
- Stiff, inflexible spine
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Eye inflammation (uveitis)
- Bowel inflammation
If you have any of these symptoms or related concerns, please schedule a visit to a KKT Centre near you for a thorough assessment.